Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Agrivaina

You might know me, Ian Burns, from the Magician Manse blog. On Google+, I’m the Ian Burns with long hair and a goatee that +Matthew Miller thinks looks like Jesus. You can get ahold of me through G+ or by emailing me through gmail at “tombowings”.

Agrivaina is an island out of sync with space and time, where a shining knight may cross lances with Norse Vikings atop a ruined Roman bathhouse overlooking an ancient Babylonian Ziggurat filled with treasure fresh for the taking. A land where magic still seep from the pours of the Earth, influenced heavily by Jack Vance’s Dying Earth, Homer’s Odyssey, and the tales of One Thousand and One Nights.

My Refereeing style favors player driven action leaning on the wacky, improvisational side.  I don’t stray from player death, but favor clever solutions over combat.

I’ll be running the game every other Friday starting February 4th at 10PM Eastern standard time using the OD&D ruleset with a few simple house rules. FLAILSNAILS characters of any level are welcome or feel free to create a new character. Character creation and conversion information can be found in the house rule document above.

If you're interested in playing, let me know and send me your G+ contact information so I can add you to the invite list.

Note: Within Agrivaina you will find no standard D&D monsters, magic-user spells, or magic items, but a new host of each. More traditional may, of course, may be introduced into the setting by FLAILSNAILS characters, but do not at this point in time exist in Agrivaina.

1 comment:

  1. If you still have spots open in this G+ game I'd love to give it a try. I'm new to playing OD&D but I know the rules well and I learn fast.

    ReplyDelete